Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Virtual Virtual Reality
| • Developer: Tender Claws |
| • Year(s) Shown: 2017 |
| • Website: http://tenderclaws.com |
About Tender Claws
- Danny Cannizzaro-Lead
- Samantha Gorman-Lead
- Neilson Koerner-Safrata-Art/Design/Code
- Mitch Mastroni-Design/Code
- Brendan LoBuglio-Design/Code
- Will Anderson-Design/Code
- Colin Horgan-Design/Code
Virtual, Virtual Reality is a title featured at IndieCade 2017.
About Virtual, Virtual Reality
Virtual Virtual Reality (VVR) is a virtual reality, narrative game about VR, A.I. and our sci-fi fever dreams.
Put on VR headsets in VR to escape your A.I. manager and explore deeper realities in this two hour narrative satire. In the near future, most human jobs are automated. What is the purpose of humanity? Activitude, the Virtual Labor System, is here to help. Your artisanal human companionship is still highly sought by our A.I. clients. Strap on your headset. Find your calling.
Pssst. . . Sure, you could function like a therapy dog to an A.I. in Bismarck and watch your work ratings climb, but don’t you yearn for something more: adventure, conflict, purpose? Escape behind the scenes of Activitude by putting on VR headsets in VR to jump between realities, or vacuum up the world around you with your Activitude Brand Poly Cleanup Tool! Outrun Chaz, your manager, as he attempts to boot you out PERMANENTLY. Along the way, uncover the story of Activitude’s evolution from VR start-up to the “human purpose provider” it is today.
The story takes place in two main acts 1. Fulfill emotional labor for A.I. clients as your reviews tank 2. Escape the cycle of labor to explore “backstage” of Activitude and its past iterations (parodies) of “VR startups” that made Activitude what it is today. Face a final encounter with your manager and decide to upload into Activitude or """"reset"""" the system.
- Complete several absurd “labor” minigames for with A.I. personalities. (ex: slather toast on a giant stick of butter as it berates your human efficiency.)
- Suction tool: destroy/buildout worlds by vacuuming up or spitting out polygons
- Warp through worlds by putting on/ taking off VR headsets
- Exploratory, narrative, dialog based, logic puzzles
- 50+ explorable virtual virtual realities
- 2+ hours of unique gameplay
- Built for VR from the ground up
- An artichoke screams at you