Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
The IndieCade Festival offers many events throughout the festival schedule.
Events[edit | edit source]
- Educator Summit - IndieCade, in partnership with Game Level Learn, presents the first ever IndieCade Educator Summit, a summit designed for secondary school teachers and university professors to help them learn both best practices for teaching students how to develop games and innovative methods for using games as learning tools across a broad range of subjects.
- Unconference - Taking IndieCade’s forums, town halls and roundtable discussions to the next level, join us at the IndieCade Unconference!
- Keynotes - IndieCade’s Keynotes feature presenters and projects at the front end of emerging trends, including participatory theatre, indie eSports, and lessons of failure from game design and beyond.
- Night Games - Night Games is IndieCade's most popular signature event, its annual party after dark. Taking place Saturday, October 12th, Night Games closes out the Festival with a wonderful evening of gameplay that features emerging and immersive new works, a packed slate of our favorite creators, a focus on large-scale physical and hybrid games, and pure outdoor fun.
- IndieXchange Summit - IndieCade Festival's pre-event developer summit and provides access to Sessions (talks, workshops, panels, and forums), a day of Networking (with developers, funders, publishers, and influencers) and show-and-tell opportunities.
- Gametasting - IndieCade’s signature GameTasting is a rotating “pop up” show-and-tell exhibit. Games rotate and switch out every few hours, providing the opportunity to “taste” any number of new and innovative games. Games range from works-in-progress to completed works.
- Flash Jam - A flash mob and a game jam combined, a flash jam is a quick-paced game jam that happens by surprise! When a flash jam is announced, you find your team by looking around you, and, 10-minutes later, you have a brand new game!
- Film Screening - Pen & Banjo Films and Nonchalance (The Institute, IndieCade Award Winner 2010) are honored to return to IndieCade with their followup film "In Bright Axiom" - a true story about a faux secret society / game that became much deeper and darker to the players than the creators had anticipated. This tale explores the endeavor of what it means to create a narrative that become larger than the sum of its parts.